AW: want you error expertise

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Feb 17 09:50:17 EST 2012

On 2/17/12 10:38 AM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:

Hi Tiemo,

> not BEFORE Valentina_Init, but WHILE Valentina_Init. This is the last
> executed statement, so I couldn't set the debug level in the next statement.
> LiveCode produced a crashlog at exact this statement, but with no other
> information
> The windows system crash log just shows some generic crash information to my
> program and some RAM address information, which I can't interpret. But yes,
> all of this is only my guess, not knowing what is going on.

Aha, ok, so you know exactly this happens with Valentina_Init()

> I tried to remove the Valentina dlls on my computer with interesting
> results.

> Removing all these folders and Dlls just didn't affected my program at all,
> it ran fine without them :):
> \Microsoft.VC80.CRT\
> \Externals\database_drives\dvvalentina4.dll
> \vclient_release_x86.dll
> \vkernel_release_x86.dll
> \vreport_release_x86.dll
> \vshared_release_x86.dll
> \wxmsw28u_vc_custom.dll

Not clear full path  -- where from you have remove this dlls

Remember that you could have it

A) in  /Program Files/Paradigma Software/ vcomponents
B) in your app folder

> Removing this Dll, my program crashed with the same error message
> (Valentina_Init) as at my last customer I told you in the Valentina list:
> \Externals\v4rev.dll

Okay, so if REV IDE have not found or was not able load required external
crash happens ...

=================
> But what does this tell me, if this dll was installed at the customers
> computer and I tried to reinstall my program three times with admin rights,
> without antivir without error? The Dll was corrupted? How can this happen?
> The Dll wasn't registered correctly? How can this happen? Remember, it's not
> a general fault with my app, only very seldom, but on the customers computer
> it's always "the only" crash program.
> I have no idea

This say that most probably Windows on that seldom computers is somehow
strange.

About 3 years ago I have had such dances with one client also.
I have spend few hours using Remote Desktop with that client.

We have found that special folder Windows/WinSxS (not sure for exact name
now) did miss some folders, similar to VC80.CRT.xxxx ,
where xxxxx is some version number.

When we have copied manually that additional folders from normal working
Windows computers, all have start to work.

Why this Windows was such strange not clear...
May be special edition ... Some OEM ...

Also I told you already that installation of
    * IE package
    * some SP  package could also fix that issue.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology