OAuth2 was Re: google sheets - anybody doing anything besides mergGoogle

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Mar 12 16:11:39 EDT 2020

I have another type of slowdown on Win 10 that I can't get an exact recipe
for because it doesn't happen every time. Open up the stack and everything
is fast then open up the SE make some changes (no testing breakpoints used)
and the card renders and then LC hangs for 10 to 40 seconds(not responding).
The time it hangs is directly proportional to the amount of stuff on the
card. When I tried to debug I did F11s until I reached the last "pass
opencard" the one I guess goes to the engine. Everything is fast up to that
point. Type an F11 and then LC hangs for 30 seconds before it comes back to
life. Close the SE and it's fast again. Not as fast as a fresh open but fast
enough to put the app through its paces. Maybe related to your problem?

Even if we can't get a recipe for all of these issues maybe all of them put
together will ring a bell at LC central?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode [mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Gaskin via use-livecode
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2020 2:47 PM
To: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
Cc: Richard Gaskin
Subject: Re: OAuth2 was Re: google sheets - anybody doing anything besides

J. Landman Gay wrote:
 > I wonder if the crashes are a problem with a different OS (I'm  > on
Mac,) or something about your stack. I haven't had any debugging  > crashes
since the fix was implemented.
 > I know typing can be very slow on Windows but it  > isn't bad on Mac.

I had an confounding experience last night along those lines:

I have one project I normally run under Windows 10, and I'd found that each
time an execution error is thrown it takes several seconds for the Script
Editor to finally appear showing me the errant line.

So I had a few spare minutes last night and figured I'd come up with a
recipe to submit a bug report, and possibly even fix it if I could find a
script bottleneck.

No go.  In a fresh stack the SE opens almost immediately, pretty much as it
does on my main Linux box and my Mac.

So to diagnose this further I'm going to need to use my Flight Recorder tool
(available in the Stacks section of LiveNet if interested), and log
everything going on when the SE is trying to report a bug while my client's
complex app is running.

Because the issue isn't evident on Mac when working on the same client's
project, I'm pretty sure there's something in the Win engine that could use
some optimization.

But given how it's only noticeable in certain projects and not others,
pinning down the root cause has not been trivial.

This doesn't have anything to do with typing per se, but does illustrate how
difficult it can be to pin down bottlenecks, esp. when an issue shows up in
one projects but not others.

  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems
  Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web
  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com                http://www.FourthWorld.com

use-livecode mailing list
use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription

More information about the use-livecode mailing list