3WDevolution question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Sep 8 00:44:58 EDT 2018

Brian Milby wrote:

 > FWIW...
 > I see the same thing on Mac where Devolution will not move past the
 > tool palette.

More interestingly, when you see the windowBoundingRect altered by the
placement of the IDE's tool palette, does a maximized window respect the
new windowBoundingRect as it does on Windows, or ignore it as it does on
Linux?

 > One possible solution would be to add the rect of Devolution to the
 > prefs and restore regardless of the bounding rect. This would allow
 > the tool palette to be positioned over Devolution since you probably
 > only actively use one at a time (if desired anyway).

I could add all sorts of additional geometry for the edge case in which
someone wants to have both the devo window and the tool palette open at
the same time AND in a position which prevents use of one or the other....

Or the IDE team could just not monkey with the windowBoundingRect based
on the occasional position of a single window which is different from
what happens in other positions, different from what happens in other
windows, and different from what happens in other apps.

Which would seem more beneficial for the larger number of LC scripters?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems