Slow LC 9 Performance - Test Stack, Video, QA Report

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Sat Sep 8 00:42:22 EDT 2018

Mark:

 > if sQty = "1234567"
 > by your account that should be a runtime error because
 > it's a comparison between a number and a string?

In the original Root Loops code, I assume it should be a pure comparison
of i (binary, such as +5.00...) with sQty (binary, +1234567.00...) so
that native math would be used and no text string involved during the
loop after it gets started.

But in the "big calculations" variation, the code has many
numbers-as-strings that get converted each time through the loop, and
that makes quite a difference on LC 9; hardly any on 6. That is
definitely worth looking into.

I like your "not to trust the easy answers" philosophy! Any improvements
under the hood will certainly get a lot of good use.

Best wishes,

Curry K.