Writing Extensions

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed May 17 17:43:17 EDT 2017

On 05/17/2017 01:10 PM, Ali Lloyd via use-livecode wrote:
> LCB as a language is marginally (if at all) more complex than LiveCode. In
> fact many lines of code are indistinguishable between the two.

Yes. In fact it's the areas where they differ that make for a difficult
learning curve. There are features in LCB that I wish were backported to
LCS. I appreciate the team's reticence to make syntax changes to the
core xtalk language, but even as a long-time C programmer,

put tHexNumber converted from base 16 into tDecimalNumber

seems so much more readable than

put format("%02x", tHexNumber) into tDecimalNumber

> The difficulty Mark was having is more related to the fact that LCB is not
> 'live' like LiveCode Script, and that we certainly haven't quite cracked
> the documentation or the integration with the IDE yet.

Yes on all counts.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com