LC8DP15 feedback-IDE Issues

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Mar 3 14:33:03 EST 2016

Monte Goulding wrote:

 >> On 4 Mar 2016, at 2:35 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
 >>
 >> I'm also curious now about the use case for cantSelect
 >
 > I've used it before with large background images Ke graphics.
 > It's pretty annoying to be trying to drag select multiple objects
 > above another object that you don't want to start dragging around...

I use lockLoc for that.  In my own work I almost never use cantSelect
because mouse messages behave VERY differently with objects set to use a
browse mode while everything else is in pointer mode, which can lead to
very annoying circumstances of its own depending on your scripts.

Given how frequently folks use lockLoc and how seldom cantSelect is
used, it would seem a good choice for a tool where space is limited.

As for the Inspector, it may be time to consider a property sheet rather
than manually arranged control layouts.  VB and Toolbook use prop sheets
and I love having absolutely every property available in one place.
Helps with learning too, so folks can see all properties laid out and
explore them more easily.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems