[Blog] Script Only Stacks

Tim Bleiler bleiler at buffalo.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:34:06 EST 2016

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 1:59 PM, Peter Bogdanoff <bogdanoff at me.com> wrote:
>
> It would seem that script-only stacks would not be able to be locked—have the password property set.
>
> This would seem to be a limitation for commercially-released projects with library stacks, unless they are a substack of something else.

That’s a good point, Peter. Since we can refer to script only stacks in our scripts exactly the same as a regular stack, I think you could work around the problem by making your own "pre-build" controller to loop through all your script only stacks and set their scriptOnly property to false and then lock those stacks as you would in the past before doing the standalone build. Additionally, You’d probably need to make sure you weren’t overwriting your script only versions.

Tim