Helping newcomers anticipate that standalones can't save to themselves

Vaughn Clement vclement at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 15:54:00 EDT 2014

Hi All

My first look at LC a year ago:

Was it just me or do you find that many of the reference documents and
media are not well written. As I have stated in the past, as a newbie I
found the media incomplete and misleading in many areas.

Today:

Since that time I have come to understand that LiveCode is a horse of many
colors and it does exist in the land of OZ. What is difficult to understand
as a newbie is the vast number of things you can do with LiveCode. The
scope of design approaches available and the way the design varies
depending upon your expectations and ability to formulate the requirements.

Looking forward:

The transition period since the Kickstarter funding has been a big
distraction for new users. Its hard to get started alone track the many
versions and changes afoot. I am looking forward to a calmer time when you
can see the results of your work and not having to deal with bugs and
version issues.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: vclement at gmail.com
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com