Helping newcomers anticipate that standalones can't save to themselves

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 15 15:31:49 EDT 2014

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > All that being said, it *would* be nice to have an emulator that I
 > can switch to so I can see how it will run on my Mac without having
 > to switch to my Virtual Machine and run it in Livecode there. But
 > that is because I am lazy. It’s not that much more trouble to bite
 > the bullet and buy the VM software.

Venturing just a tad OT here, but I feel obliged to share the good news
Mark Wieder shared with me a few years ago:  VirtualBox

https://www.virtualbox.org/

Free as in both beer and freedom, in my experience it also outperforms
Parallels rather dramatically in the time it takes to restore a session,
and has pretty much all the modern features we've come to expect from
such tools:

- Your choice of single-window or interleaved modes

- Wide range of hardware access and emulation options

- Support for snapshots

- Clipboard and shared folder integration

- Very easy to use

Thank you Mr. Wieder for turning me on that gem!

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems