LC Benchmark app/stack

Richard MacLemale richard at richardmac.com
Fri Mar 30 06:27:28 EDT 2012

I've developed primarily for the iOS so far, and am sort of thinking about the Android market.  I know there are a billion screen sizes to deal with, but what about processor speeds?

On one of our apps (Shapes by Mac and Cheese) we had to simplify one of our animation sequences for the iPad 1, because the animation looked good on the iPad 2 but ran too slow on the iPad 1.  I'm going to be getting an iPad 3, so I'll have one of each, but it got me thinking... how many different CPU's are there out there for Android devices?  And has anyone got any idea how fast LC runs on each of them?  Wouldn't it be good to have a benchmark app that we could all run on our various devices and then report back?  Does such an app exist already?

---
Richard MacLemale
Music = http://www.richardmac.com
Programming = http://www.macandchee.se