[OT] ACer A100 Tablet

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Thu Mar 29 21:17:42 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Pete wrote:

> Folks,
> I prowled around the CyanogenMod web site and it looks great BUT... nowhere
> can I find how to install it on my phone.  I also see various issues about
> having to reload some of the Google apps like Maps apps after upgrading.
>  SO, all-in-all, this makes me pretty nervous, I'd like to upgarde but I
> don't want to end up with a dead phone!
>
> I also tried the OTA Update on my phone (HTC Incredible from Verizon) but
> seem to always get a "service not available" message.
>
> Pete

About the risks... the only comfort I can offer is that when it goes wrong,
it is typically called "soft bricking", which means you can try again and
eventually get it right.  The best thing to do is get the titanium backup
app, and backup the original ROM that your phone has.  Make sure there are
success stories already with your phone model (youtube is great for the
walk-throughs).  Take a leap of faith.

It all begins with an upgrade to the firmware called ClockWorkMod Recovery.
 This gives you a text-based menu to format the internal SD, and choose the
ROM you are about to install (previously copied to your phone over usb).

~Roger