Android play sounds

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 15:18:16 EDT 2012

I am building a android timer application.  The sound file "AC.mp3" is located in a folder "Data".   Within the standalone builder I added the "Data" folder under the copy files tab which now displays: "Data/*".  All of this seems to work just fine, however the sound file is not played on the first play call.  The sound is successfully played on all subsequent calls.

The result returned on the first play call is "no sound support" which is different from what is specified in the Android release notes.  So I think we have a documentation error at the very least.

Is there any sound initialization step that I am missing?

Here is the alarm code:

On alarm
   if the environment is "mobile" then
      put specialFolderPath("engine") & slash & "Data" & slash & "AC.mp3" into tSound
      play tSound
   else
      beep
   end if