Launching several applications via shell...

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:04:19 EDT 2012

launch "path/to/app" should work right?

or

open process "path/to/app" for neither

maybe?

Or the other way as mentioned by theirry

I think if you do it like so get shell("mycommand & ; disown")
so that disown is on its own it might work. (with no arguments it acts on
the current job which in this case is the one that has just been
backgrounded)

Not sure though that this will allow the shell itself to end which would be
a cause of blocking. Think the first 2 options might be better choices for
this.