Android play sounds

Barry G. Sumpter barrysum at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 27 20:53:38 EDT 2012

Yep, a timer to sound an alarm and 1 minute intervals.

I forgot how complex/different Android sounds are from win32 sounds.

Perhaps the first time the play sound is attempted
The file doesn't exist
Or the folder doesn't exist
Or the actual sound file won't play on android
As my sound file on android are .ogg

I'm selecting the sounds from the existing sound files on my Android device.
Using the following paths
/system/media/audio/
alarms
notifications
ringtones
ui

The storing the path n file name into a preferences file
and on an Interval or Finish button as a custom property

on mouseUp

   -- show the path and file name of the sound
   put "Playing: " & the cSoundPathAndFileName of button btnSoundsInterval
into field lblPlayingSound

   --  now actually play the sound
   Play the cSoundPathAndFileName of button btnSoundsInterval

end mouseUp

lblPlayingSound field:
/system/media/audio/notifications/Aldebaran.ogg
or
/system/media/audio/ui/Dock.ogg

Just tested again on LC 5.5 build 1479 - all working OK
Tested on two HD2s.

If I might be so bold to suggest a test button
with a sound file
that you know its exact path to.
If it plays then
try the exact same play command/script line
right where the other sound is NOT playing.

on mouseUp
   play "/system/media/audio/ui/Dock.ogg"
end mouseUp

hth