Specify file download path with irev/revignitor

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Sun Mar 25 06:06:04 EDT 2012

Stephen, (and Jacque),

Thanks again for your reply -- got it about the browser
controlling downloads for security reasons.

Also, some very good information here. I hadn't known about
StackRunner and your idea of a thin client is great -- I can
probably pre-install it on the MP3 players before we send them
out. Simply have folk plug the players into the USB port, and
when it shows up on the desktop, launch the client to make sure
they have this month's content.

(Rather than music, we're doing lectures and seminars, etc. Savvy
users are already handling their own downloads and ipods. This
project is an attempt to wean our non-techie customers off mailed
out CDs... gotta be something grandpa and grandma could handle.)

Also great link to the LiveCode Server docs -- I did not know
about those! I got the freebie version of RunRev when I signed up
for hosting at on-rev and have been working with that and it's
user manual...

Appreciate the help.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan