Specify file download path with irev/revignitor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Mar 24 22:58:50 EDT 2012

On 3/24/12 7:00 PM, Tim Selander wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Stephen.
>
> Sorry for not being clear. I'm wanting to do this from a web page hosted
> on the on-rev.com site, using the <?irev> scripting language with the
> revignitor framework. The "clients" have no LC client installed other
> than a web browser.
>
> One of my frustrations of using on-rev and the scripting language is
> that there does not seem to be any documentation clearly showing what LC
> features are _not_ available through the server scripting language. But
> it is still far easier for me to use than php.
>
> I have tried, of course, setting the full path/filename of the files I
> want to download, but it has not worked correctly so far... hence the post!

I don't think you can control where the user downloads files. You can
only control the server side; the browser controls the client side.
That's actually good, because otherwise any web page could install
things in places the user didn't know about.

The only things you can control in a web page, no matter what language
you're using, are things that happen on the page itself, or which are
related to the server that hosts the page. Once you send data to the
user, it's out of your hands. You have no control over their machine,
their file system, or their applications.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com