Using Quicktime to record sounds in Livecode

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:37:25 EDT 2012

Hi Richmond,

Richmond Mathewson-2 wrote

> [snip]
> Sound recording in Livecode is so low down the RunRev people's list
> of priorities it has dropped off the bottom; hence the Quicktime "thing"
> which has been there since very nearly the beginning.

I will use the Enhanced QuickTime external of Trevor Devore
and report back. Anyway, Apple itself is abandoning QuickTime
so VLC is a viable cross platform option:
http://www.videolan.org/press/lgpl.html
"This change of license was an initiative started by some of VLC's main
developers and will be a change from the current license (GPLv2 or later)
to the LGPLv2.1 or later license. http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-2.1.html
This change was motivated to match the evolution of the video industry
and to spread the VLC engine as a multi-platform open-source multimedia
engine and library. The VideoLAN non-profit organisation and the École
Centrale Paris approve this initiative."

Runrev have spend wisely their resources. The popularity of iOS and
Android platforms shows this. Clearly, Multimedia is not the main interest
of developers in this platform and I understand this perfectly.
Hopefully this would change in a near future.

When you test these scripts in your setup, please report your results
and if possible, post a working example stack. :-)

Have a nice weekend!

Al