how to read/write data on Android ?

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Mon Mar 19 01:36:29 EDT 2012

You need to root to see these files. The engine folder is a virtual folder
that looks into the .apk that gets loaded on the device. That is why you
cant write to it. An .apk is in zip format. If you want to look at a .apk...
create a standalone app. Find the apk and rename it to .zip. when you look
at it, the assets folder is where the engine folder points to on the device.
So if you want to see exactly what is in the engine folder just look in the
assets folder in the zip file. That always helps. Now if you are rooted you
can look into the elusive data folder. the apk is located at data/app. The
documents folder is located at data/data/com.reverse.dns/files where
com.reverse.dns is what you entered in the standalone application settings.
Now for the good news.....When you build for iOS the engine and documents
folders work exactly the same to the LC programer. I hope this helps....

Ralph DiMola
MIS Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net