Multiple offenders

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 18 13:18:38 EDT 2012

On 3/18/12 5:04 AM, Richmond wrote:
> Oh Dear, its that time of the month again.
>
> Yes it is; Richmond's error trawl......
>
> read "SDLC" and other acronyms that cover up
> incredibly time-consuming exercises.
>
> So, here I am merrily going through some 50 objects changing 57620 to 57618
> and 57768 to 57769; very, very tedious indeed.
>
> Of course life would be about 1,000,000 times easier if each object had
> the same code;
> but they don't; just the lines containing those number that need to be
> altered.
>
> Has anybody any bright ideas how this might be done semi-automatically?

Need more info. Are you editing scripts or properties? Are the numbers
icon IDs or what?

If icon IDs, in the future, you can use "the id of img 'nameOfImg'"
instead of hard-coded numbers if you think they may change later.

For now, if these are in scripts:

  get the script of control x -- x would be a name or number
  replace "57620" with "57618" in it
  set the script of control x to it

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com