App Rejected: Crash reports

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Mar 17 14:31:06 EDT 2012

I think this is LiveCode engine problem.  It seems to be the use of a NULL pointer, probably from an error that is not expected and never checked.  For example, a request for memory might be made and a NULL is returned when none is available.  A programmer might be able to prove that an error cannot occur, but the Apple test environment might generate one anyway.  Report this to RunRev as Jacque suggested.

In the mean time, you can increase stresses to try to force crashes on your setup.  I'm not sure how to do that.  You can try very large data.  If you are using http, then try opening chargen (port 19) on a system with simple services enabled.  You can also try to connect to computers that do not exist or do not a listener (service) on that port of that computer.  If you can make lots of connections, do that.

It might be a random bug in your code related to native controls or externals.

Dar