Allowing user to change size and location of a field

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Mar 7 17:02:02 EST 2012

Glen Bojsza<gbojsza at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another question which may not be able to be answered is... can you limit
> the number of characters in the field based on the new size the user has
> made?

What I usually do is trap keydown and check the formattedheight while
the user is typing. If the text is too long then either truncate it or
warn the user some other way. If the field has just been resized, then
check the formattedheight after the resizing and take action if the
contents are too long.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com