[OT] Dead Video and no keyboard

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Aug 20 15:39:39 EDT 2010

Richmond-

> Having replaced my video-card I am still getting a blank screen; keyboard
> not responding (no lights), nor mouse.

> Getting the initial 'bong' and fans starting up.

> How does one ZAP the PRAM with no keyboard?

If you've changed the hardware you may need to hit the CUDA switch.
Where that is on the motherboard depends on what model you've got.
Look for a red pushbutton somewhere on the motherboard. You may also
be able to pull the plug, then remove the battery, give it a minute,
and replace it. You'll lose your preferences, but that shouldn't be a
big deal.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net