get filename broke?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Aug 12 04:14:02 EDT 2010

Richmond, see below for answers..

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

> How do I do that?  Seem unable to DRAG any images onto the stack in either
> Ubuntu or Mac?

You drag an image control onto a stack from the tool palette

> Imported an image.
>

>  double-click the image to open prop inspector
>> set the filename of the image to any JPG you have on your disk
>> now type into msg:
>>   put the filename of img 1
>>
>> you should get a good path. something like:
>> C:/Users/Public/Pictures/Sample Pictures/Desert.jpg
>>

> Nothing happens at this point . . .
>

>  Now save the stack, quit Rev, launch Rev and load the stack.
>> Now try and set the filename of the image to something else.
>>
>> When you do, you should see the filename of the image is now a
>> non-path..something like:
>> ./../../../Public/Pictures/Sample Pictures/Desert.jpg
>>

> Nope.
>

>  Let me know if this is a repeatable problem for you. I've tested it on
>> both
>> the latest RC and the release 4.0 GM Thanks!
>>
>> ON CLOSER INSPECTION.. I can set and retrieve the filename from script, so
>> it seems the filename button on the Prop Inspector is screwing things up.
>> I'll post a bug.
>>

> However I think you have written slightly misleading instructions as there
> is NO "filename button"
> in my Prop Inspector: what there is, is a SOURCE button . . .

Yes, if you check the  Prefs you will see "Property labels are:" and 2 radio
buttons:
       Description of option
       Name of revTalk property

I always keep mine set to the name of revTalk property-- that is why you
don't see it.

> Now when I use the source button (on Mac) stage 1 works,
>
> and, so does stage 2; so, on Mac, at least, this is not buggy.
>
> Everything works OK on Ubuntu Linux as well.
>
> Regards, Richmond.

Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.