sorting question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 24 13:13:05 EDT 2009

Paul Gabel wrote:

> I wonder why runrev can embed stacks/revlets in web pages but can't
> come up with a "sort text by char" command. (It's sort of like the
> proverbial "We can go to the moon, but we can't ..." question.) Maybe
> string sorting is useless except in my situation.

In my experience sorting individual characters of a string is relatively
rare.  While I sort lists and tables almost daily, I can't recall ever
needing to sort characters over the last 20 years.

It probably wouldn't be hard for them to extend the sort command to
support that, but if you submit a request don't be surprised if other
things take priority. :)

And in the meantime Jacque's handy function will get you through the day.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World