about the new logo...

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Wed Jun 24 14:41:30 EDT 2009

One of my questions in the webinar was about the logo, and whether it
was possible at this point for it to be tweaked. My main worry was
that the two Rs were different to each other, but also I could see
potential for the letters to exactly match each other in a way that
could lead to some interesting logo animations.

I'm not an artist, so this can be done better, but here's my quick
attempt, which will help me explain what I mean:

http://xfiles.funnygarbage.com/~colinholgate/images/runrev.gif

The upper image is the one I made, the lower one is from the webinar.
In my one the Rs are both the same, the U is the R flipped vertically
and a line attached to it, the N is the U rotated 180 degrees, and the
V is the U flipped horizontally. The E is derived from the same curves
as the R.

An artist could do better than I did, and it might be better if the
curves on the R, U, N, and V, were slightly sharper. Doing that would
improve the V without ruining the R, U, or N.

What do you think?