Setting up Enterprise

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jun 9 10:15:36 EDT 2009

On Jun 8, 2009, at 7:24 PM, George C Brackett wrote:

> Thanks!  One source has been my inclination also, Jacqueline; anytime
> I have to keep things in sync I have found I'm asking for trouble.
> Obviously when using only Studio I only had one source.  I guess that
> having the Windows IDE allows me to make tweaks for the Windows
> version while it is running in Windows, which surely makes tweaking
> easier.  It may also make me more fussy than necessary about
> formatting!  Hmm... maybe I could use behaviors to do things like set
> the font/size/margins of a field OS-specific if there were just
> something like a drawField message...

George,

I think you'll find that using Enterprise doesn't significantly change
your workflow. It just adds the extra benefit of being able to test
and debug on both platforms without having to rebuild your apps each
time. I agree with Andre and Jacque, trying to maintain separate code
bases is a huge pain in the patoot.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay