Remote database access: How?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Jun 9 08:52:43 EDT 2009

On 9 Jun 2009, at 06:18, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> If I remember correctly, it has to do with the license of the
> connector - MySQLabs changed it from LGPL to GPL at one point, which
> would force RunRev to also open-source the engine if they wanted to
> continue shipping the driver with the Revolution IDE.

Well, that can't exactly be true, as the mysql installation on on-rev
has version 5.0.1.

In addition, I think your statement is false, or at least unenforced
and/or controversial as per (and similar sources):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License#Linking_and_derived_works

have non lawyering fun
Björnke

--