Revolution in Programming for Dummies (was RE: Rev_rant part 4)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 20:06:43 EST 2006

On 11/15/06, Lynn Fredricks <lynn at paradigmasoft.com> wrote:

Only three languages are covered in the book - one is Rev and yes, its
> treated very favorably :-) Wally Wang has been working on this revision
> for
> over a year.

Is there some kind of deal on Rev as well (Free 2.2.1 license?) Whenever
I've purchased this kind of book before there's always been some kind of
restricted use product (Codewarrior/RB) with deals on upgrading to the full
package.

As a hobbyist myself I expect this bodes well for me - should introduce more
'part time programmers' to Rev which should keep the pressure on Rev to tier
their product aggressively to catch potential customers. Particularly it
should be a constant reminder to Rev that it IS a valid entry level product
- IMHO it is THE entry level product:-) I've occasionally been concerned by
OT  discussions on this list suggesting Rev leave the hobbyists behind and
focus on the big spenders:-(