Revolution in Programming for Dummies (was RE: Rev_rant part 4)

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Nov 14 22:57:46 EST 2006

> Is there some kind of deal on Rev as well (Free 2.2.1
> license?) Whenever
> I've purchased this kind of book before there's always been
> some kind of
> restricted use product (Codewarrior/RB) with deals on
> upgrading to the full
> package.

Aha, that would be telling! ;-) Once must acquire the book or wait for the
official press release to find out what free goodies are on the disk, and
whose Rev made or Rev related programs got onto the disk or appear as
screenshots therein... :-)

> As a hobbyist myself I expect this bodes well for me - should
> introduce more
> 'part time programmers' to Rev which should keep the pressure
> on Rev to tier
> their product aggressively to catch potential customers.
> Particularly it
> should be a constant reminder to Rev that it IS a valid entry
> level product
> - IMHO it is THE entry level product:-) I've occasionally
> been concerned by
> OT  discussions on this list suggesting Rev leave the
> hobbyists behind and
> focus on the big spenders:-(

Don't forget Revolution Media. Comes with some nice templates and costs less
than an Xbox 360 game :-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations