best way to read and write variables?

Niklas Almesjö niklas_almesjo at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 20:21:00 EST 2001

Dave Cragg wrote:
"..put 50 into tData["width"]
put 30 into tData["height"]
put "wood" into tData["material"].."

Thanks Dave!
Looks great.. just what I need!

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:
"..Well, no, not really. Can you explain a little
about why you'd want to
store the contents of a variable in a separate file?
What you would
accomplish by doing this?.."

- I need to specify some settings for a program using
textfiles, thus the need to read/write variables. But
at any case I thought it was the only way to store the
value of variables when a program quits.. Are there
other ways?

Lorenz wrote:

- XML is nice, but I didnt know Rev handled it?

thanks,
/Niklas