Sharing a desktop app, or with beta testers

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 26 17:38:54 EST 2022

On 1/26/22 2:39 PM, Keith Martin via use-livecode wrote:
> If only it was easier to do. 😢
> I've actually stopped using LC much because the process of making apps that people can run without fuss has become ridiculous. I'm still hoping for a solution that isn't so aggressively hostile! The current situation feels like a direct threat to LiveCode the company, as it must be putting off more than a few people from becoming or staying customers.

You need to talk to Apple about that. On iOS it's even harder. But as Matthias said, the
difficulty has nothing to do with LC or the app itself. Whether created with LC or any other
languge, the distribution process is the culprit. In the name of security, Apple has put
numerous roadblocks in front of developers before a Mac app can be easily used by someone else.

I highly recommend Matthias' helper tool, it takes a big chunk of irritation out of the
equation. Someone mentioned there should be a plugin. Just put his stack into the plugins
folder and there you are.

(And on iOS it's even worse; you can't distribute to the public at all except through the App
Store which has even stricter limitations on what developers must do before the app is
accepted. It can take days just to work through everything required for submission.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com