Sharing a desktop app, or with beta testers

William Prothero waprothero at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:28:52 EST 2022

Folks:
I’m using the notarizing app. I have it set to only “Sign, notarize and staple App”.
I’ve tested the suDo password in the terminal and it’s ok.

In debug mode, I get:
***DEBUG MODE***

deleting zip file...
can't delete that file

can't delete that file

could not delete zip file.

Stapling app...

When not in debug mode, I get:

Removing extended attributes…

executing:

pw=x39AB$rp; echo $pw | sudo -S xattr -cr "/Users/prothero/Oceanography Projects/LiveCode-RunRev Projects/1-AA-Current Projects/PT_Explorer Projects/EarthExplorer_CurrentWkg-D4/EExp Builds/Earth Explorer2/Earth Explorer.app"

Sorry, try again.

sudo: no password was provided

sudo: 1 incorrect password attempt

process aborted

I’ve also set, in the settings:
Apple ID

Nothing in app-specific password* (I don’t think I have one??)

Account is attached multiple iTunes providers (not checked)
Developer ID Application
William Prothero (######)

PKG creation (not checked)
DMG creation (not checked)
Entitlements (checked)
    —lines checked: 1,2,4,9,11

My project is fairly complex, but if I can use the signiing app, it would be great.

Thanks!
Bill

William Prothero
waprothero at gmail.com