Sharing a desktop app, or with beta testers

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed Jan 26 17:21:21 EST 2022

+1 to Peter’s comments

I also have benefited from the lesson listed below and Matthias’ helper stack.

Also when I ran into problems following the lesson or using the Helper stack Matthias was very responsive and helpful.

Setting up an Apple Developer account is not hard and just a part of doing business if you are developing for iOS, macOS …

The process for Code Signing, Notorizing and Stapling does seem daunting at first.  I would recommend diving in first with a knife in your teeth to the command line as outlined in the lessons so you can learn what is going on.  I found it helpful to see the responses to any errors I made so I could learn what parameters were needed and how they were written in the command line.  This helped me to ensure I had the correct parameters for the fields right in the helper app.

Then I would start using the helper stack using the parameters from the command line to fill in the fields in the helper app.

When I come across these kinds of tasks that are new and daunting with technology I have not used before they sometimes cause me anxiety to the point where I can’t face starting them.  For these I have a mantra “Other people have done this so why can’t I do it too.”  Taking that attitude I am able to overcome that mental inertia that keeps me from starting to work on it.

Martin