Bug, feature, or just something I need to program around?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed May 12 16:02:16 EDT 2021

I don't follow you Jim.

Each Note in the Notes app is a multi-line field, and they all behave
just the same as multi-line fields in LC (i.e what I think of as
"properly" - TABbing into the field positions the cursor with nothing
selected, and an immediate cmd-shift-arrow will select all characters
after/before the cursor). (Though I couldn't find a way to TAB between
Notes ??)

The only single line field I can see in the Notes app is the search box
- and it has the same behaviour as single-line fields in Calendar,
Contacts, etc. - i.e. TABbing into the single line field pre-selects the
whole field, while clicking into it doesn't select anything. That seems
consistent between Apple's apps that I can find, and both Safari and Chrome.

Alex.