Problems with text data fields pulling from SQL

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu May 13 06:06:21 EDT 2021

This. NVARCHAR is for Unicode strings.

You may be able to deal with it by modifying the ODBC DSN or the query to do a
conversion before it reaches LiveCode.

Otherwise, IIRC you need to use revDatabaseColumnNumbered and go row by row
(rather than revDataFromQuery); taking the data and using textDecode to get it
out of (probably) UTF-8.

Some experimentation may be needed!

Ben