codesigning FAILS with Umlaute

toolbook at kestner.de toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jun 16 11:28:28 EDT 2021

Hello,

My Umlaut problem seems to be getting worse. I could build a standalone of
my umlaut app with LC Version 9.5 (9.6.1 and 9.6.2 failed, see my last
post).

But now trying to codesign fails. First I tried to codesign with Matthias
helper stack (as in the past) and the process fails with the message
"invalid or unsupported format for signature in subcomponent:
/./tsNet.bundle. The display of my app name in the status report window
shows a broken name (hieroglyphs instead of the umlaut). Same fail, when
codesigning manually via terminal.

I think the problem is the umlaut in the app name and not tsNet.bundle,
because another app which also includes tsNet.bundle, but has no umlaut, can
be signed fine.

Since this is a ten year old app, which has been codesigned for years, it
must have something to do with Big Sure or Xcode and not LC, because of the
problem appears also in the termial.

Any idea? please no stories about your doctor experiences .

Thanks

Tiemo