codesigning FAILS with Umlaute

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Wed Jun 16 11:53:24 EDT 2021

On 2021-06-16 16:28, Tiemo via use-livecode wrote:
> Any idea? please no stories about your doctor experiences .

So I asked Ian to have a look into this - my first thought was that we
were missing an appropriate textEncode when building the shell command
in the S/B to do the codesigning...

(The S/B since 9.6.1 does an 'ad-hoc' codesign on standalones as
otherwise Catalina+ can complain)

However, it would appear that 'codesign' does not like the executable
name (the bit in Contents/MacOS) having accented chars.

So I think you'll have to tweak the app name in the S/B mac options to
remove the umlaut - then the internal exe will be fine; then after
you've built - just rename the app bundle to be the one with the umlaut.

This shouldn't affect verification of the signed app at all as its
everything *inside* the .app folder which is signed (the internals are -
the plist contains a ref to the actual executable name, and plist is
used to generate the code signature, along with the other stuff in the
app).

Hope this helps!

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps