Help! I'm stuck

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 8 12:43:30 EDT 2021

Standalone building needs to be moved to a separate process.

Handling it within the IDE process was fine as long as the only thing
the Standalone Builder did was bind a copy of the engine to a copy of
the stack file.

But today, building a standalone means deep modifications to the stack
file, and this has resulted in multiple successive layers of knock-on
effects where design complications are needed to compensate for design
complications put in place to compensate for earlier design complications.

The end result of attempting to build standalones within the current IDE
process is not merely cumbersome, but disruptive, confusing, and even
requires CODE CHANGES from EVERY USER to compensate even further just
for the build sequence.

LC has gone from the simplest way to build apps to something no less
onerous than most, and more confusing than many.

Standalone building needs to be moved to a separate process.

With that, LC can begin the return journey back on its path to the
simplest way to build apps.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems