Can LC read QR-Code?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 8 22:15:46 EST 2020

Mark Wieder wrote:
 > But eh? If I click on the Dictionary link in the IDE toolbar in the
 > Indy version I get my local dictionary:
 >
 > file:///home/mwieder/.runrev/documentationcache/9_6_1_commercial
 > /api.html
 >
 > and from there searching for "qr" brings up the correct entries.
 > Are you seeing something different?

Only because of my environment customization.  But what remains are:

- Where is the documentation for QR *decoding* for both iOS and Android?

- If this adds value to the product, why hide it from the public?

- The Dictionary appears in my browser, not in a LiveCode window,
   so it appears the browser widget is still as dead as audio and
   video playback in LiveCode's Linux edition.

I have no deep affection for CEF.  How is this done without CEF on other
platforms?  Does neither Firefox nor Chrome offer an embedded option?

Do you know offhand what Ubuntu was using when they were using an
embedded browser a couple years ago for their dockable web apps?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems