Can LC read QR-Code?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Tue Dec 8 18:20:08 EST 2020

On 12/8/20 11:08 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> Thanks. I'm familiar with tindyDictionary and admire Bernd's work, but
> had hoped there would be documentation available on the web. I can
> download tinyDictionary, or just look at my Mac, so if the only
> documentation for the QR code reader is in the not-online-Dictionary at
> least I know where to go.
>

> As for separate matter of the IDE-provided Dictionary, that it's broken
> in the Linux edition is the smaller problem, the bigger being that the
> reason there's no Dictionary is that there's no working browser widget.

I find Bernd's plugin much preferable to the browser-based dictionary.
But YMMV, of course.

But eh? If I click on the Dictionary link in the IDE toolbar in the Indy
version I get my local dictionary:

file:///home/mwieder/.runrev/documentationcache/9_6_1_commercial/api.html

and from there searching for "qr" brings up the correct entries.
Are you seeing something different?

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com