Will Browser widget ever work on Linux?

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Wed Dec 9 12:14:37 EST 2020

On 12/9/20 8:40 AM, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode wrote:

> Yep, it actually feels great to be a Windows-first LiveCoder.

I'm not gonna get sucked into religious wars here... <g>

> Like the field, embedded Browser is a way to
> deliver and display so many different kinds of content that it should be
> considered a foundational part of LC. Can't afford to let it slip.

Yep. So... browser support on linux?

> Now that I have an SSD, the LC script editor troubles are a thing of the
> past too. LC simply made the mistake of designing broadly-used software
> on high-end hardware, so it wasn't a great design, especially for the
> masses. (Strange because that's usually a beginner's mistake.)

When I worked at Apple I was always the guy who wanted to use the older
hardware while everyone else was jumping for the latest models because I
was dead set on finding compatibility bugs. My favorite discovery was
uncovering a bug in the MPW C compiler because it had only previously
been tested on the latest shiny new hardware.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com