Using LiveCode & AppleScript to make mouse selection in another Mac application

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Sep 5 14:37:15 EDT 2019

As the title says...

I had a recollection that it was possible to construct a tool in LiveCode that
would use AppleScript, System Events, and the accessibility framework to
perform actions on another (not naturally scriptable) app.

I can do menu items, I can do keystrokes - but can I move the mouse? Or more
to the point, can I move the mouse to a location, then click and drag to a new
location?

Automator appears to be able to do this as a recording, which works once as a
single step - but ever since hangs on playback (amusingly, it moves the mouse
to the first point and then refuses to let it be moved anywhere else - pulling
it back if it is - the only escape seems to be to use the keyboard to open a
terminal and kill Automator).

Did I dream this, or is it possible?

TIA,

Ben