Need crash course in Dropbox library

pink nabble at mad.pink
Fri Feb 15 18:23:13 EST 2019

under the documentation for dropboxUpload,  it states it shouldn't be used
for files larger than 150MB, the video files will all be around 800MB

I've been looking through the stack, but cannot find the answers I am
looking for. SO I am still not clear how I should get my file into pData

and pData is just a chunk of the data? How do I make that chunk out of the
whole and where do I get pOffset from?

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote
> Hey, pink, thanks for the clarification.
> First of all, is there a reason why you are doing it this way instead of
> using dropboxUpload?  If you use dropboxUpload you can do it all in one
> shot.
> Gerard's stack explains the process and how to use the various commands
> Doing it the way you are doing it, you would start with sessionStart and
> then you would repeatedly call sessionAppend
> pOffset is the length of what you have already sent because there are no
> guarantees that dropbox will get your file stream in order, so if it gets
> them out of order and pData isn't the same length for each call to append,
> the only way dropbox knows where to put the data it just received is if
> you
> tell it where to put it.
> pData should be at most 150mb per call.

-----