8.1.10 Reporting the ScreenSize of a iPhone7: 0,0,375,667

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Jun 22 22:23:48 EDT 2018

Never mind.. I had to run (since I did a fresh install of Xcode)

sudo xcode-select -s  /Applications/Xcode.app

But now my Simulator works!  So we back the screenRect problem

Wow... one step close to the gremlin (hehe)

And, as Panos says it has nothing to do with 11.4 ... its deeper that than

1) set the fullScreenMode of this stack to "showAll"
        -- Simulator I get a screenrect of 0,0,414,736
	-- Build test/target to actually phone 7 plus ...
			answer screenRect returns 0,0,375,667

2) With exactFit
	-- Simulator I get a screenrect of 0,0,1242,2208
	-- but on the actual phone it get
            0,0,1125,2001...which is a factor 3x(0,0,375,667)

So the difference is  (obviously):

Scotland does not have an iPhone 7Plus, they were using a Simulator
But here, using the actual device, it report a screenrect different then the actual device.

Hmmm. Is it  LiveCode problem, or an Apple/Xcode problem?

Perhaps it should file a bug... How many other devices are not registering their actual screenRect? Can be a "disaster" for attempts at  responsive design.

BR