OT: Fascinating read

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jun 15 11:04:44 EDT 2018

Great article. One point I'd somewhat contend with is the notion that if technology is advanced enough it would be magic to someone first exposed to it. I think it would be better to say that it would seem like magic. If the inference is that magic is only technology advanced beyond current understanding, then I beg to differ.

A great read by C.S. Lewis called Miracles (read that magic if you will) says that there are two kinds of "miracles": Those that involve the acceleration of what nature could produce if given the time, and those which nature in and of itself cannot produce. A healing would be the first kind. The parting of the red sea the second. I know I am skirting list conventions here but the examples are perfect for making my point about the difference between advanced technology, and what we really mean by "magic", if there is such a thing.

Bob S