Android USB port

Douglas Ruisaard dougr at telus.net
Sun Jun 10 11:44:22 EDT 2018

Thanks, Tom ...  got a chuckle out of your reply!  To be fair, Erik Beugelaar *did* reply back on April 24 (I must have missed it) and suggested looking into Jave FFI (supported by LC v9) for possible methodologies.  I have NO CLUE regarding Java... and, cynical as it may be, I don't expect to be able to learn it at my age.  I would be quite interested in anyone with that ability and knowledge to assist ... quite negotiable.  I'm looking for (ideally) a native LC solution.  Given the scope and flexibility of LC, it's hard to imagine that there isn't a way to access the Android USB port.

Apple, if it isn't known, requires you to sell your first-born, sign a contract in blood and then embed a "special" hardware chip in your device in order to ALLOW USB connectivity.  I'm good with using BlueTooth for iOS... but Android has me stumped unless this community can lend a hand.  It'd be right-neighborly of ya to do so!

> I can't help you but .... i loved your testimonial.

Douglas Ruisaard
Trilogy Software
(250) 573-3935