Rich Text Editor features within a LC8/LC9 app?

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Oct 27 08:09:26 EDT 2017

I have a multi-line field which contains editable text (field 15).  Above
it, I have 4 tiny buttons whose labels are set to "i", "B", "u", and "p".
Their names are "txt_style_Itallic", "txt_style_Bold",
"txt_style_Underline", and "txt_style_Plain". The Tooltip of each is set to
"italic", "bold", "underline", and "plain".

The script of each is (except for "plain") is:

on mouseUp
   if the selectedChunk contains "field 15" then
      set the textStyle[the tooltip of me] of the selectedChunk to true
   end if
end mouseUp

The script of button "txt_style_Plain" is:

on mouseUp
   if the selectedChunk contains "field 15" then
      set the textStyle of the selectedChunk to "plain"
   end if
end mouseUp

~Roger

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 5:19 AM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <