Android Filing System?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 07:51:03 EDT 2017

Engine is the virtual/read only part of the file system.  Your app will
need to copy your initial data files from there into usable locations.  you
can use 'put url' to do this.. (or copy file..)
put url ("binfile:" & specialfolderpath("engine") & "/myfile.dat") into url
("binfile:" & specialfolderpath("documents") & "/myfile.dat")

At this point you can use myfile.dat from its location in the documents
folder.

For organizational purposes of course you'd probably want to create a
folder for your app and place files in there.

You can use "there is a file" to determine if you still need to copy
anything from the engine folder.

if there is a file ("path/to/file") then
--    load it
else
--   copy from engine to the proper location
--   load it
end if

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 5:17 AM, Peter Reid via use-livecode <