[ANN] Release 9.0.0 DP-8

Bob Hall bob at bobhall.net
Tue Jul 18 09:46:44 EDT 2017

I’ve had the completion capability on my local dev environment for a couple of years via a plugin that I wrote. I wrestled with these same problems years ago. I actually find that it is benefitial to have BOTH completion and no completion. Having a setting to change this is combersome. It is an on-the-fly desire.

So here’s how I solved the problem in my IDE startup script…

Hold down the option key and you get completion. no option key, no completion.

If you’d like to try this on your own, put this into a plugin that loads this into the frontscript. Don’t use LC 9dp8 though as you won’t get the non-option key effect of the pairings...

Bob
/*

* auto complete common pairings with <option><key>

*/

on rawKeyDown pKey

local tChar

if optionkey() = "down" then