Android Full Screen Browser.

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Jul 18 09:41:47 EDT 2017

My Current project is implementing epubjs to view EBooks on mobile using the browser control. There is a "full screen" option in the epubjs tool bar. I clicked it and figured What could it do? I made the browser control a specific size so this button is worthless. On iOS it does nothing but on Android Nougat it actually goes full screen! The browser control gets resized to the full card obscuring my LC controls in headers, footers and a side bar. I like it. This enables one to use the full real-estate of the device without "intenting" out to another app. The exit full screen button then resizes the browser window back to the size and where I had it via LCS when the card started.

SO... I will dig into the java and see what is doing this. Being able to go full screen using java in an LC browser is a very desirable feature. I wish it also worked on iOS. I will report when I find out how epubjs is doing this.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net